Reasons for Road Trip, Tips, and Car Preparation
February 5, 2016
Many don’t understand why there are people who’re willing to do a road trip during a holiday. Is it just because it’s cheaper than airplane ticket? Or merely because it’s fun? Well, someone who despises road trip doesn’t quite realize that how we get to the destination is also a part of the vacation itself. Money and adventure are just few reasons why road trip is addictive for some travelers, now let’s check the other causes.
Reasons to Do Road Trip:
- Total Control of your departure and arrival time. You also can stop for meal break, toilet break, rest, or even just to admiring the amazing scenery whenever you want.
- Eat anything you want. You know what people said about airplane and train food: The good ones are expensive, the cheap ones are trash. Now you can eat on any restaurant along the way that suits your budget.
- Save money. Traveling with three other companions obviously a lot cheaper than buy four airplane tickets, right? Besides, you can bring almost anything in your trunk without any additional cost.
- Experience. Depends on your destination, you may see a lot of new thing along your way, like how people live in the countryside and village.
- Bonding with your friends, lovers, or families even more. On the road, you can have a relax conversations, singing together, do pranks, or exchanging jokes and difficult riddles with them.
Okay, if there are reasons to do road trip, then there are should be reasons why people won’t do it, right? The main excuse is probably because road trip can be troublesome, since you need to prepare for anything, from packing, deciding route, and prep the car. It also exhausting as you need to spend hours behind the wheel, especially if you drive alone. Last, bad weather also can ruin your budget and timetable.
To minimize the bad effects of road trips, there are some tips that you can apply, which includes tips to save more money.
Road Trip Tips:
- Choose your companions carefully. This is the case if you still have an empty seat in your car. You might want to take someone else, especially the one who’s willing to chip in, take a turn for driving, and of course, someone who you like, a lot.
- Take turns for driving. Okay, your a man takes a road trip with your girl, but it doesn’t mean that you have to behind the wheel all the way. Hey, sometimes woman also feels the need….the need for speed.
- Entertainment. Don’t want to listen to the same music all the time, right? Bring some books, portable video game and television also might be useful, especially if you’re traveling with children/
- Other stuff to bring, are including snacks, drinks (with a cooler if you have), sunglasses, sunscreen, garbage bags, medicines, portable battery charger, tent and sleeping bag (in case you want to camp), some cash, all necessary documents, and of course a map.
- Drive carefully. Highway maybe tempting, but a speeding ticket or a scratch on your new car can break all the mood for a good vacation. More importantly, always check your gas!
- Don’t push it. Rest anytime you can. Spend few minutes every time you eat or filling gas, as you don’t know if there is any other pit stops for miles ahead. Also, it’s a good idea to take a nap on rush hour.
- Save gas, save money. Hey, it’s a nature vacation, turn off the AC and open up all the windows!
Okay, now you know the reasons and basic stuff for a road trip. The last part of this article is probably the most important one, that is how to prep your car. If for city trip you just need to check all your lights, brake, and inflate the tires, road trip prep is much more than that. Here is a quick guideline for what to do for your ride.
Prepare Car for Road Trip:
- Check all fluids, which includes engine oil, transmission fluid, gasoline, antifreeze/coolant, radiator coolant, brake fluid, windshield washer fluid, and power steering fluid.
- Check belts and hoses.
- Look for any leaks.
- Check (and inflate if necessary) all tires, including the spare tire, and make sure that they’re in good condition.
- Perform a four-wheel brake check (if not done in the last six months).
- Check the condition of the exhaust system.
- Flush the cooling system (if not done in the last year).
- Pressure-check the cooling system to inspect for leaks.
- Load-test the battery to test its ability to hold a charge.
- Check the alternator output to make sure that the charging system is working well.
- Replace the spark plug wires if they are more than two years old.
- Check the air filter.
- Check all gauges, lights, AC, and wipers.
- Fill your gas tank.
Of course that you don’t need to do all those stuff by yourself, especially if you know less about car. Just bring your ride to your trusted mechanics or garage, and let them know that you are going to do a long distance traveling.
That’s all about road trip reasons, tips, and car preparation. I hope you’ll find this article useful for your next adventure!
What to bring back home after a trip to Polynesia
February 5, 2016
Polynesia is a dream destination par excellence, and when you put your foot is generally desired more to go ! A trip with wonderful memories to tell but also to share. Moreover, you will find many souvenirs that will help you keep in touch with the islands and the people, but also authentic objects of Polynesia, which extend your trip …
The sun, the beach , vacations, the dream is to go , especially with the sweet scent of Monoi oil.. Monoi became an Appellation of Origin ( AO) in 1992 the ” Monoi de Tahiti .” This holy oil is an integral part of the Polynesian heritage , it is obtained by macerating the Tiare flower and coconut oil . Monoi oil is known for its natural benefits but also because of its very special flavor . You will find it everywhere in Tahiti for a price ranging from € 3.50 to € 6. In Tahiti, the Monoi Road even allows visitors to understand the manufacturing process of this sacred oil. Attention, even on these islands you can find counterfeit.
The Papeete Market , the heart of Polynesian life
The animation in this market is constant , the atmosphere in full swing every day from 6:00 am until sunset . This is the historical place of encounter and exchange for the Polynesians , there feels a family atmosphere colorful and eventful …
In Papeete Market , you will find everything from flowers, fruit and vegetables , food , but mostly crafts is very present … You will have the choice for your souvenir gifts especially among sarongs of all colors , with each more beautiful than the other patterns. There’s something for everyone and for all sizes !
You can also find decoration as tapa, a paper frame , based beaten bark and painted with natural dyes , geometric or stylized motifs. But also tifaifai , superb cover cut and sewn embossed patterns, made by the hands of Tahitian women .
Do not forget to bring some vanilla to your loved ones . They will be gone on vacation at the nice smell! This vanilla is one of the best in the world. It is produced mainly in Taha’a and traditional way. Be careful though the views of the stopover in Los Angeles , vanilla may be refused if it is taking too much .
The Marquesas , you will have the opportunity to admire the mastery in the work of coral and shells , they are caught apnea twenty meters deep for making beautiful jewelry Marquesas .
For even more fancy Polynesian , bring one or more of black pearls in Polynesia Huahine Pearl Farm . The pearl is rare and expensive, due to its manufacturing process is very long, the export of beads is also highly regulated . A jewel with a beautiful pearl can cost about 250 € . For more information, including on price , do not hesitate to visit the museum of pearl Papeete , which will tell you more about the pitfalls to avoid when buying .
Polynesian tattoos , Polynesia in the skin
To learn about this part of the Polynesian culture , many tourists leave with a typical Polynesian tattoo. You will have the opportunity to make you a real permanent tattoo or a tattoo that then leave after a few weeks . The permanent tattoo is quite painful but the result is beautiful! Obviously , it is advisable to do the last day for you to enjoy to the end of your trip . Indeed, for proper healing , it is forbidden to bathe and expose the tattoo to the sun.
Keywords for this article
souvenirs from Polynesia
Best souvenirs for trip to Polynesia
How to choose the souvenirs from Polynesia trip